Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Background

I've finally decided that I want a place where I can discuss what I want to discuss and opinionate my heart out. I've always been told that my opinion is worth while and that different is good - that is, until I became different myself and started to have differing opinions than my family and friends. Then, I was silenced. Ironic.

I'm a closet ex-mormon. And right now I'm okay with that. Its where I am.

I'm married and don't plan on having children anytime soon, if ever (getting a masters and looking forward to a PhD). *insert gasp from TBMs out there* I want to live somewhere exotic like Hawaii or Africa, damn these cold winters. I am a true feminist. I don't know if there is a God and if there is one I definitely believe he hates me specifically and women in general. I've traveled the world and plan to do more and as much as I possibly can without going broke.

There.

There I am.

3 comments:

  1. I personally didn't hear the gasp. Plenty of 'TBM' females get degrees and work. Some even go to MEDICAL school. Putting TBM in a category of housewives and ex Mormons as those who get degrees and use them is outrageous and is offensive to those working women still in church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your comment is offensive to me in my space. The gasp was referring to the fact that I do not plan on having children anytime soon, if ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides, MOST women of the church DON'T go to medical school. That is a very small minority. I am also basing my experience off of the women I know who are TBM in Utah and France. Either they went to school or they didn't, but they never actually used their degrees if they did go to school (or they dropped out to get married). I know plenty of LDS women who work, but it isn't necessarily in the field they would have chosen had they been free to really choose a career. Those who do are the minority.

    ReplyDelete