Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Texted Scripture

My dad is a really good guy. He really is. He cares about his kids welfare and he takes care of us (to the proper extent......marriage = you're on your own).

However he is one of those TBM guys who really wants everyone to be mormon. If I were ever to tell him that I am no longer a true believing mormon, I would instantly be receiving texts, emails, missionaries, letters, and everyone would know and be pushing and pressuring me into going back to church and how good it is (blah blah blah) and how I'm missing out on special blessings, its the only way we can be together forever, its the only truth, its the best thing in the world junk that crazy believing mormons do.

I would like to live a life that is not hypocritical or a huge big fat lie, but my body, mind, and emotions just cannot handle that. I would seriously kill myself. And I honestly don't want that. I have a great husband who completely understands me and I want to leave this place and make a new life with him where no one can intrude or tell us what to do or what to believe. 

So in my hypothetical little world where I could act and say what I think, I would tell my dad that this text he sent me (which really isn't scripture, just some quote that isn't even given a reference) is bs. Yes. BS.

Here it is "obedience brings blessings. exact obedience brings miracles".

So, you're saying the EXACT obedience I gave from when I was 8-21 SHOULD have given me a miracle to cure my health? You know, instead of make it worse? Well forgive me if I chortle, because I've felt better mentally for the past two-three years giving NO obedience than I ever did giving EXACT obedience. Its a farce. Its something people give you to eat up and believe because it makes you feel good in the moment and keeps you closer to the body of the church and in blind faith.

No. I'm not buying it.

Please. Stay out of my religious life Dad. Parents. Siblings. All those who wish to ridicule me or put me down or tear me up or hurt me or offend me or convert me or change me (all for you). Stay the frick away from me. And keep your ideas and opinions to yourself. Because they are just that. Opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment